1. When exercising or doing heavy work, do not wear jewelry
to avoid irreparable damage caused by collision. Even in everyday wear, care must be taken to avoid abrasions and sudden blows that can damage even the most difficult-to-wear gemstones.
2. When storing jewelry, store it in a box or soft cloth so that it does not come into contact with other jewelry
. Most gemstones are harder than gold, silver or platinum and can scratch the surface of other jewelry if not kept separate.
3. When wearing jewelry, you should pay attention to check it once a month. If there is a loose inlay, it should be repaired in time.
4. Wear jewelry after grooming and makeup, this can prevent hairspray or makeup from damaging the jewelry
, thus maintaining its color.
5. Jewelry will lose its luster if it is stained with oil and sweat secreted by the human body. Therefore, if you wear it frequently, you should wash it once a month.
6. Professional Care: Normal wearing and pulling will eventually loosen the claws and other metal parts of the jewelry
. Therefore, it is a good idea to visit a jewelry store every six months to have your jewelry inspected by a professional. If necessary, professionals can repair claws and ring handles, necklace clasps, and reshape deformed rings. Professionals can also have your jewelry
professionally cleaned and re-polished at your request if it gets damaged from everyday wear.